Dear Eco Activist,
On Sunday, May 5, 12-5, 2019, First Unitarian Universalist Church of Wichita will host its fifth annual EcoFest Wichita as part of a campaign to promote environmental awareness and sustainability.
EcoFest Wichita 2019 is a family celebration designed to inspire and empower people to make a difference for the environment and promote eco-stewardship. Food, music, eco-demonstrations, children’s activities, pet rescue adoption, used books, vendors and advocacy groups are all a part of this fun day. We welcome all exhibitors and vendors who are interested in promoting sustainable living.
General Benefits for Environmental Activist Groups
• The opportunity to showcase the ways your organization is eco-friendly.
• The opportunity to promote your cause to EcoFest visitors.
• The opportunity to promote environmental issues and demonstrate practical approaches to
living an environmentally friendly lifestyle.
• Comprehensive media coverage of the event, including social media.
EcoFest Cost and Registration Guidelines
• Non-profits with an educational presentation and NOT conducting retail sales — No charge
• For-profits and non-profits conducting retail sales — $30
• Deadline for booth payment and registration is Sunday, April 21st (no exceptions). Due to a
limited amount of space, requests for indoor spaces will be on a first come, first serve basis. A
completed registration is required to reserve a space. If you prefer an indoor space, we
encourage you to register as early as possible as spaces go quickly! Receipt of your registration
will be acknowledged within two weeks.
EcoFest 2019 Policies and Procedures
• About 16 booths will be housed in the church building in approximately 10 ft. X 10 ft. spaces.
Some may be slightly smaller. About 25 outdoor spaces are available on the south side of the
building. These are at least 12 ft. X 12 ft.
• Specific spaces will be assigned the morning of EcoFest, not earlier than 10:30 a.m.
• Please arrive between 10:30 a.m. and 11:45 a.m.
• After unloading, parking will be on Bainbridge St. adjacent to the North parking lot.
• If you have an OUTDOOR booth, you are responsible for your own tent and other set-up needs.
• Booths may not sell food for consumption on premises without prior approval.
• Hours are 12 noon through 5 p.m. Please do not begin packing to leave until 5 p.m.
• Lunch will be available. Coffee and tea are free to activists.
Past Advocacy Groups
Ark River Coalition
Bike Walk Wichita
The Gardens at West
Ban the Bag
Citizen’s Climate Lobby
Climate Justice Wichita 350
Great Plains Nature Center
Kansas Returned Peace Corp Volunteers
Sedgwick County Extension Master Gardeners
Sierra Club Southwind Group
Sunflower Community Action
Vote Industrial Hemp
Wichita Area Sustainibility
Wichita Renewable Energy
WSU Faculty Sustainability